Vertigo Games B.V.
Based in Rotterdam,
Press / Business Contact:
Mathenesserdijk 412 G
3026 GV Rotterdam
+31 (0) 10 841 46 23
Chamber of Commerce:
World of Diving is the first online multiplayer dive game for hardcore simulation fans and casual diving enthusiasts alike that comes with full Oculus Rift support. Starting out in the Caribbean, World of Diving recreates and brings to life the world of wonder and discovery that is at the bottom of the ocean, where you will be hang out with friends - whether you have met them in or outside of the game - and can dive with the sea turtles, hunt for the great white shark, and party on your own luxury yachts.
World of Diving is an ambitious undertaking with world-scale potential; all made possible through a combination of procedurally generated environments based on actual biological and geographical data, and manually designed real-world diving spots.
Key features include:
- Visit astonishing real-world diving spots, manually brought to life by our design team.
- Explore the Earth’s oceans without limitation thanks to procedurally generated environments.
- Customize your character from body type, face and hairstyle, to clothing and accessories.
- Team up and explore with friends or one of your NPC companions.
- Over a hundred collectable species, many of which add their unique benefit to your diving skill.
- Compete with friend and foe over ancient treasure and in exciting diving challenges.
- Discover rusty shipwrecks, World War II submarines and eerie underwater caverns.
- Take part in the community and help direct the development of the gameplay and in-game items.
- Play using the Oculus Rift for the full immersive experience, or use a traditional monitor.
“A question we get asked a lot is why? Why do we want to create a diving game so much?” says Tristan Lambert, Technical Director at Vertigo Games. “The answer is simple: We've got avid scuba divers on our team who have filled our heads with images of clear blue, Caribbean water with all their stories about cave diving, wreck diving, and weird underwater animals.”
He adds: “This got us thinking: we should bring diving, an exhilarating and exotic experience, within reach for people around the globe regardless of geographical location. This is something we can and want to do – together.”